Frequently Asked Questions

If your case is eligible for court supervision, you may request supervision on this site when providing your payment information and plea of guilty.
When you pay the officer, you are posting bond. The clerk has no authority to take your bond money without your request. If your appearance is not required, you can fill out either the guilty plea or the affidavit for Court Supervision and mail it to the Clerk’s office. We must receive it prior to 4 business days before your court date.
Booklets describing the payment by mail option can be obtained from any DuPage County police agency or viewed online. Pay By Mail Booklet
Payments made online, in traffic court rooms, and at the Circuit Clerk’s Office may be paid by credit card (VISA/MasterCard/ Discover only), cash, personal check, money order or cashier’s check. Payments by mail require a Plea of Guilty or Application for Court Supervision form, plus payment by personal check, money order, cashier’s check or credit card (VISA, MasterCard and Discover only). Click here for more information. Payment CANNOT be made with credit cards over the phone.
If you are using regular mail, our address is:
Circuit Court Clerk, P.O.Box 707. Wheaton, IL 60187-0707

If you are using a delivery service (FedEx, etc.), our address is:
Circuit Court Clerk, 505 N. County Farm Road, Wheaton, IL 60187
Once a payment is received in our office, it is matched to the appropriate case. The payment will be held until the ticket has arrived from the police department. It is normal procedure for your license to be mailed back within two weeks from the application of the payment to the ticket.
It is very important that you appear in court on the date and time assigned. If you do not show up, the judge has many options ranging from continuing your case, finding you guilty and assessing fines & costs, to issuing a warrant for your arrest. If it is the first court date for the case, the clerk can issue a continuance if you request it in person or in writing (no faxes), no less than 4 business days prior to the court date. If it is not your first court date, you may try to have someone you know show up for you. There is no guarantee that the judge will continue your case, but the person you send can explain the circumstances.
Call our office at (630) 407-8600 two days after the court date and we will explain your options depending on the action of the judge.
Find your case using the Search for your Case option. Once your case is found, click on Change Address Only, provide the requested identification, and enter your new address information.
Find the case using the Search for your Case option. Once the desired case is found, click on Opt IN/OUT of Case Notifications then provide notification specifics.